Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Playing around with GBase...

I've been experimenting with GBase for the last couple of days. Google offers a really good API for Java and provided it is compatible with Android, I may be moving away from Amazon searches.

One benefit this gives me is the ability for users to backup their data to their Google Docs account. The Amazon searches is something that has been a great boon to my application but the more regions I support, the harder it is to use Amazon as my only search provider.

It looks like I may get to start doing some serious coding again :-)

Saturday, August 22, 2009

MyCollection Pro - Release 1.5.16

Nothing big. I completed the German port so people that set their region (in my application) to Germany will now search the German site.

Friday, August 21, 2009

My Collection Free - Release 1.4.10

Here is the update to 1.4.* to fix the Amazon search issue. I'll try to stay on top of API changes moving forward...

MyCollection Pro - Release 1.5.15

Simple Changes:

  1. Fixed Amazon lookups due to changes in AWS API
  2. Verify database connection sanely before trying to access DB

Barcode search update


It looks like the Amazon AWS searches I use no longer returning reliably. I found that half the movies in my own catelogue no longer return a value (and they did or how else would they get there).

I'm working on a conversion to use Google data for searches but my development time is limited as I get my kids ready to start school again. I'm building quite the laundry list of fixes I need and here's the list:

  1. Conversion away from AWS to Google Data
  2. German port (I had someone do the translation for me)
  3. Chinese port (I had someone do the translation for me)

There are other feature requests of course but these need to be my top priority.