Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Collection Pro - Release 1.6.0

I finally managed to get all the bugs worked out. There are some major under-the-hood changes for this version. First and most important, I now host a web service I wrote to perform the search. I search Amazon and Google's GBase feeds for the item so there should be more search results.

Second, I now pull the region on the device for searches. Having users set their own region on the device proved to be to problematic (most of my support emails/calls were people who did not set the correct region).

Finally, I fixed three crash bugs and this version runs on my droid emulator. It is still built for Android 1.5, but I tested running it on 1.5, 1.6, 2.0.1 (not 2.1 yet, sorry Google phone users...).

I am still not up to 100% strength, but I'm able to work on the program on the weekends now (no more mid-week midnight coding sessions). My doctors tell me I'm doing much better and that I'm developing a spring in my step :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment