Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Collection - General Update

I've taken a break form developing for almost 3 days now... I came up with an idea on how to impliment a very requested feature (count of items) and I'm going to build that into the next release and close off the 1.3.* branch.

Once that's done, I'm going to re-examine My Collection and take a look at the requested features to see if there is anything I can do. Here are a couple of things I would like to consider:
  1. Build barcode scanner into application so users don't have to install it themselves
  2. Find permenant solution for title sort issues. <- I'm planning on creating a hidden field called title_sortable and setting that to be the title minus 'A ' and 'The '. It's simple, but other solutions took up WAY to much processor
  3. Re-work the loans section to add some of the more requested features (Grouping loans by contact, showing contact and item picture, showing if an item is on loan on the item list, etc)

None of these changes fundamentally change the application which is why I'm staying in the 1.*.* version range. I might release a version 2.0 at some point down the road but, right now, it's too far into the future for me to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment